While staying at my in laws', I got to test out a couple recipes before Nick moved down here to Tennessee with us. This particular recipe was made the day before Nick arrived and they were absolutely devoured. The few pictured without jalapenos were the kids' pieces. Surprisingly, the jalapenos at the store were pretty darn spicy. All-in-all though, it made for an incredibly yummy recipe! I skipped the brining step from the original recipe and baked the chicken instead of grilling it. They still were super juicy and turned out very flavorful as well. They were such a big hit that I made them again a week later.
What you need:
- Chicken breasts
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Fresh jalapenos, sliced in rounds
- Provolone cheese slices
- If necessary, thin out the chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each piece with bacon (secure with a toothpick, if needed) and then sprinkle with pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Grill or bake until juices run clear.
- Top with jalapenos and then top with cheese.
- Broil for a few minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Recipe from Call Me PMc
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram