Back when my blog was a young'n, I participated in a challenge called "Crazy Cooking Challenge". It was a once a month deal with a different theme each month. You could pick any blog, cookbook, magazine, etc. to make a recipe from...unlike SRC where we only make from other SRC members' blogs. I loved this challenge so much - unfortunately it is no more :( I would pin so many recipes from our posting day. The spaghetti challenge day was one of the best days ever. I saved tons of recipes to try and finally got around to making this pizza spaghetti bake from Tracey of The Kitchen Is My Playground. It is a very fabulous twist on regular spaghetti bake. I love that it wasn't ground beef and that the pepperoni gets crisped up. All around a great dish that everyone loved!
What you need:
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- Pepperoni, diced
- 1 jar basil and tomato pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- Cook pasta al dente with the salt in the water. Drain and pour into a 9x13-inch pan that has been lightly greased.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage, crumbling as you go. Drain, if needed. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook pepperoni until it starts to crisp up.
- Top pasta with sausage. Then pour pasta sauce on top.
- Scatter half the pepperoni on top of the sauce and then add cheeses.
- Top with remaining pepperoni.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. If the cheese browns too quickly or too much, cover the top with foil.
Recipe from The Kitchen is My Playground
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram