It's time again for Secret Recipe Club reveal day for my group, Group D! What is Secret Recipe Club? It's a bunch of food bloggers separated into four groups that post once a month on a designated Monday. Each month, we are paired with another foodie from our group secretly (hence the name). We then pick a recipe (or two or more) from that blog and make it. On our reveal day, we reveal whose blog we had and what recipe(s) we chose all at the same time. It's like a Secret Santa every month, but with food and blogs! It's a great deal of fun :)
This month I was assigned to a Group D veteran, Nicole, of I Am A Honeybee. Her about me makes me a happy person. I need to do mine up with some random facts about me. It makes me feel so much more connected to Nicole - like for example, we both get anxious opening presents in front of people. Glad I'm not alone there! Nicole has an almost 2 year old daughter, Autumn, who is a cutie patootie! AND she just got married and her wedding pictures are SO BEAUTIFUL. I especially loved their cocktail hour pictures - a lot of candid shots and it looks like such a happy occasion.
Anyways...I went to Nicole's blog to look for food and I decided to either do a burger recipe or a pizza recipe. I immediately found my recipe: Nacho Cheeseburgers (but please, do stop by and see Nicole's other fabulous recipes here) - yes, NACHO CHEESEBURGERS. Then I actually looked at the recipe and was even more excited! I've been a guacamole kick lately - even though no one else in the house eats it - and I was so happy that I had an excuse to get some for a dinner recipe and no one else had to pout about having to eat it. I got to have the guac all to myself :) I noted in the instructions how my burgers stuck a little to my pan, so I will use my griddle next time. However, despite the slight sticking - these burgers were so good. Nick looked at me like I was crazy when he saw the beans in the burger mix, but he was pleasantly surprised. They add a little texture to the burger and you get a hint of a bean taste, but it's not overwhelming and doesn't take away from the burger taste. I loved the crunch of the chips in there too :) Thanks, Nicole, for a very yummy recipe that will absolutely be a regular on burger night!
What you need:
- 2 lb. ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 burger buns (good quality), toasted, if desired
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Tortilla chips
- Other toppings to use: sour cream, black olives, jalapeno, etc.
- Combine ground beef, black beans, half of the cheese, and salt and pepper. Form into 6 to 8 burger patties.
- I found that my burgers stuck to the stainless steel pot I used (even though it was greased), so I will be using my griddle next time. So preheat your griddle and then cook your burgers until done, flipping once.
- Right before you take them off the heat, add some shredded cheese to the patty and let it melt. I did not do this because mine were already sticking, so mine did not melt as lovely as Nicole's did.
- Build burgers as desired. I spread guacamole on bottom, salsa on top, tortilla chips on guacamole, cheese on top of the chips, burger on top of the chips. Sour cream would be fantastic on this burger, as would plenty of other nacho ingredients! Go crazy with it - you may be surprised how it turns out! :)
Recipe adapted from I Am A Honeybee
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram