Hello, all! I'm back for another round of the Sunday Supper Movement. Today's theme is Fall Flavors and, of course, I couldn't think of anything more fitting than these little cupcakes that I had made last year for my birthday. But somehow I still hadn't posted on the blog. Gotta love when it's been more than a year since you've made a recipe before it goes up on the blog. Whoopsies.
Every year for my birthday, I sit down and scour my cake/dessert Pinterest boards for the recipe I most want to try for my birthday cake. I know some people find it weird, but I love making my own. I don't really have enough excuses to make cake, so I am definitely using my own birthday as a time to make cake! Each year I go in thinking I'll make a cheesecake, but ultimately end up with something else. Part of why I love September so much is because pumpkin everything is out. And when pumpkin everything starts coming out, I go CRAZY. I buy all the pumpkin everythings. This year I have purchased at least one new pumpkin product each time I've gone to the grocery store. So I think it was no surprise to anyone when I chose to make pumpkin cupcakes for my birthday.
These little cuties are very moist and delectable. Buttercream is one of my favorites and honestly, this buttercream takes the cake. Hardy har har. But really it does. It's so delicious and I could see it going with so many other flavors, too. But it definitely complimented the pumpkin so very well. I chose to make them look super fancy with some gold sanding sugar and edible pearls. I just adore how they turned out and almost hated to eat them! All in all, they were perfect for my birthday and I definitely need to make them again this fall!
What you need:
For the Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pureed pumpkin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk [I used whole]
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- For the cupcakes: Using your stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together until smooth and fluffy.
- Begin to add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each one is added.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl, alternating with the milk. You will want to start and end with the flour mixture. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter in cupcake tin lined muffin/cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350* for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of center of cupcake clean. I like to start checking mine at 15 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting: beat together butter, cinnamon, and salt until creamy.
- Little by little, add the powdered sugar. Make sure it's smooth before adding more.
- Once you have added all of the sugar, add cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and decorate, if you'd like. I sprinkled mine with some gold sanding sugar and edible pearls.
Recipe from Eat Cake for Dinner
Check out A Guide to Apples plus Best Fall Recipes Ideas for #SundaySupper and this week's recipe collection:
- Apple-Currant Dutch Baby Pancake by The Weekend Gourmet
- Apple Swirled Pumpkin Yeast Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread by Party Food and Entertaining
- Giant Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tart by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Butternut Squash, Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup with Lentils by Monica's Table
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins by Pancake Warriors
- Pumpkin Spice Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Love and Confections
- Roasted Veggie Tart by Books n’ Cooks
- Acorn Squash Stuffed with Roasted Veggies & Couscous by Momma’s Meals
- Butternut Squash Lentil Curry Soup by Food Done Light
- Curry Beef Pies by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Fantasy Rice by The Petit Gourmet
- King Prawns in Red Sauce – Mauritian Style Creole Sauce by Peachy Tales
- Pasta with Creamy Butternut & Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Pork Chops with Apple Dijon Sauce and Arugula Salad by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pork Chops with Glazed Apples and Vegetables by The Complete Savorist
- Quinoa and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash by Feeding Big and More
- Roasted Tomato Soup with Bacon/Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich by A Gouda Life
- Salt Roasted Salmon over Roasted Butternut & Yam Soup by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Delicata Squash and Olives by Foodie Tots
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Sweet Potato Alfredo Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup by Eating in Instead
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Vegetables by Life Tastes Good
- Apfelkuchen by Curious Cuisiniere
- Applesauce Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Swirls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Gingersnap Refrigerator Dessert by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Autumn Bellini by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Spice Cookies by Desserts Required
- Caramel Apple Napoleons by The Crumby Cupcake
- Caramel Apple Pie Bundles by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple Streusel Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Swirl Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chestnut and Pear Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Dark Chocolate-Espresso Pumpkin Tiramisu by Brunch with Joy
- Dutch Apple Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butterscotch Drizzle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pumpkin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Crisp by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake by Flour On My Face
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Pears by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Pear Cake by Simply Healthy Family
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Sweet Apple Skillet Cake by Nosh My Way
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram