It's not September without pumpkin recipes, right?! Okay okay, maybe it's still September with or without pumpkins, but I can't help myself. I go straight up banana sandwich for some pumpkiny food!
I don't make coffeecake enough. I love having an excuse to have cake for breakfast. This beautiful, gorgeous cake has a streusel like topping along with the sugar glaze. Although it's not completely from scratch, the yellow cake mix really makes for a fluffy, moist treat. And it really really is perfect with coffee.
What you need:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) pureed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box (18 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided [1/2 cup each]
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix together water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tbsp. vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Then add the cake mix and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- In a greased 9x13-inch pan, pour batter into the pan and level off.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, walnuts, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle the walnut-sugar mixture over the batter using your fingers.
- Bake cake in a preheated 350* oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and heavy cream in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring it to a simmer.
- Then remove from heat and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- After the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in the top using a toothpick.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cake. Serve hot out of the oven or cooled down to room temperature.
Recipe from How Sweet Eats as seen on Tasty Kitchen
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram