Maybe it's maturity or maybe it's the fact that trying new foods has led me to finding new favorite foods, but I am much braver trying new foods. I saw this recipe on Amy's blog (and if you don't follow her, you totally should - she posts the BEST stuff!!) and I honestly had no doubt I wanted to try it. In the past, I always thought it was weird to do peanut butter in savory dishes. But then again, I'm the weirdo that eats peanut butter and green olive sandwiches, so I ought to give something like this a try.
I am so glad that I did. So. So. So. Glad. First off, meatballs are my jam. I'm a whiz at making them now that I've made meatballs so many times and I love different variations. These are just killer. Secondly, any dish that is mostly veggies is also going to be high ranking in favorite dishes of all-time. I'm a veggie-aholic. I'll eat any veggie really. I actually cannot think of a veggie I haven't tried and liked! Thirdly, it's pasta. It might be Ramen (which could definitely be subbed out for rice noodles or even thin spaghetti - cooked in chicken broth), but it's still pasta and it also makes me just love this dish. All of these things were perfection together. And then you add the peanut sauce.
Oh my lanta, that peanut sauce was THE BOMB!!! It was the best thing that could have ever happened to the most perfectly perfect of dishes. Nick and the kids loved this as well. I need to remember to make a double batch when I do it because it does get devoured.
(Print)What you need:
For the meatballs:
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 crown broccoli, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced/sliced
- Very generous handful of snap peas (I did 2ish)
- 2 pkg. creamy chicken Ramen noodles
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix all meatball ingredients together and form into about ping pong sized meatballs.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 425*.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet and add veggies. Saute over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- While the veggies are going, cook the Ramen according to directions on the package, but add 1 packet of seasoning at the beginning, discarding the second packet. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, red pepper, and garlic.
- Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Lower heat slightly.
- Add peanut butter mixture to skillet the veggies were in and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Ramen and veggies to skillet and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately topped with Asian meatballs!
Recipe from Amy's Cooking Adventures
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram