Like a lot of families, our family has pizza night. Most of the time, it's every other Friday and I try to vary our pizzas up, so that it's always different and we have a variety. It keeps pizza night from getting old.
Nick and I are pretty obsessed with garlic. I mean, it's just sooooo fantastic. I love sauteing up some onions and garlic. It just smells like food is ready to eat. Of course, it's nice to have that with something ;)
The only thing that Nick wished this pizza came with...was some meat. But he says that about everything that is meatless. I thought it was perfect the way it was, but I may make some hot wings to hush him up next time!
What you need:
- 1 recipe pizza dough [my go-to]
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 5+ garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tomatoes (I used romas), sliced very thinly
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced very thinly
- Basil and oregano (fresh or dried), to taste
- Sprinkle corn meal on pizza pan. Stretch out pizza dough to fit it. Poke it with a fork all over and bake at 400* for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brush baked crust with olive oil.
- Sprinkle garlic over the top. Then top with tomato slices.
- Top tomatoes with mozzarella and sprinkle with spices.
- Bake at 400* or 425* for 8 to 10 more minutes OR until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe from The Spiffy Cookie
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram