Don't know if you can see me...but I'm over here on the Quinoa Bandwagon!!
Oh yes, I made that joke :) A really lame one.
Don't mind me over here just giggling about the corny hilariousness.
Like I said, I am on board with this quinoa craze. It's just one of the most versatile and delicious of grains. It can be in savory or sweet dishes from breakfast to dinner to dessert. So what's not to like about it?
This fabulous recipe comes straight from Jocelyn of Inside BruCrew Life. She is always posting some amazing looking sweets, but she doesn't shy away from posting some incredible main dish/savory recipes too - like this one!
There are few ingredients, but that doesn't mean it isn't flavorful. The little bit in the dish goes a long way. It's perfection - y'all have to try it!
What you need:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell peppers [mine came in a jar]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, cut into strips [I seasoned mine with sea salt, cracked peppercorns, onion powder, and garlic powder]
- Cook quinoa as directed on packaging. Cover and set aside.
- In a deep skillet, add olive oil, asparagus, and garlic. Saute until asparagus is crisp tender and garlic is fragrant.
- Add quinoa and diced red bells. Cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with strips of grilled chicken.
Recipe from Inside BruCrew Life
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram