I have been meaning to get this up all day long, but just now finally sat down to do it. It's been a long day for sure, but a good one. We've been prepping for little Miss Saydee [see on instagram] to come to the house tomorrow. She's an 8 month old German Shepherd mix, but her foster mama tells me that she could fool anyone - she is all GSD, just mini. She's currently 40 lbs and probably won't get much bigger. We are so excited to meet her and hope that she loves us and becomes the newest addition to our family.
And, of course, tomorrow isn't just the day we meet Saydee - it's also Halloween. Matthew and Cami are so ready to go trick-or-treating and we're hoping the weather cooperates for that! I've been trying to get into the habit of making more seasonal recipes and more treats that they can pack in their Friday lunches. They bring sack lunches only on Fridays - so it's sort of special to them and they love to have cookies for dessert!
I saw candy corn M&Ms at the store and because I'm a sweets hoarder, I grabbed two bags. While I was walking through the rest of the grocery store, I decided I was going to make them into cookies. My go-to recipe for cookies is a pudding mix based cookie and so I strolled on over to the pudding mixes and found a CHEESECAKE flavored pudding mix. PERFECTION! I could not wait to get home and start making the cookies.
I decided to keep it simple and not any other "stirred in" ingredients, as I like to cal them. No chocolate chips or nuts. I thought the M&Ms would be enough. To be honest, they don't really have that artificial taste of candy corn, but they are still pretty fantastic and they go really well with the cheesecake flavor. The cookies were a huge hit and Nick was pretty stoked that one whole bag made it out alive because he just finished off the bag of Peppermint M&Ms from last Christmas. He hoards too!! :)
What you need:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box (3.4 oz) cheesecake-flavored instant pudding
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 bag candy corn M&Ms
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating for about 15 seconds after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla. Then add dry pudding mix.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix until just combined.
- Stir in M&Ms with a spatula.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (or one with a silicone mat), using a cookie scooper, place dough in rounds 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated-350* oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Makes around 3 dozen cookies.
Original Fantastical Recipe
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram