I am so excited to be joining in with Camilla and some other great bloggers to share some hand-crafted edibles :) This week's theme is SPICE BLENDS, so I chose to make one that I've been meaning to make for forever. Although it isn't yet time for gingerbread, I want to be prepared. I am by no means rushing pumpkin season to be over because I love pumpkin, but it's going to be Christmas before you know it and you just gotta have gingerbread at Christmas!
When I was little, we made those little cinnamon gingerbread man ornaments at school and this spice blend reminds me so much of those little ornaments. I love having them on my tree. It's such a comforting smell! But even more so, this is a great little blend to have on hand and it makes for a perfect gift. Anywhere that you can put cinnamon, sub out the gingerbread spice! You can mix it into your morning oatmeal and pour it over coffee grounds before they are brewed. I personally will be using mine to make cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning because it's a tradition in my house to have cinnamon rolls. I wake up super early on Christmas and make breakfast, so it's ready before my early birds can even think about waking up.
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Whisk together and store in an airtight container.
- Tip: If you're making this for a gift, you can take the recipe and double, triple, or whatever amount you need.
Recipe from Wonky Wonderful
Thanks to these gals and their sensational spice blends!
- Amy's Cooking Adventures posts her Buffalo Spice Rub
- Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes blends up her Gingerbread Spice Mix
- Rebekah from Making Miracles shares an Apple Pie Spice Mix
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla offers you a Masala Chai Tea Spice Blend
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm writes about the Best Rib Rub Recipe
- Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook inspires some tasty tacos with her homemade Taco Seasoning
- Terri at Christmas Tree Lane heads to the Mediterranean with her Italian Spice Blend.
Next week, check back for our recipes for special diets; dishes that may be gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, soy-free, or nut-free. Or check out our #handcraftededibles pinterest board.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram