During my pregnancy with Mason, easy recipes became my thing. I was not big on chicken during my pregnancy, but because I insist on eating a variety of foods - including not having red meat all week long - I still ate chicken. I found this recipe and couldn't pass it up. I love hashes. I'm a happy girl with potatoes, peppers, and onions in my belly. I had never heard of chicken sausage before, so I searched my grocery store's meat department to see if they sold it - and they did! So I definitely put this recipe in my meal plan. It was as good as expected. I really liked the chicken sausage because it wasn't too "chicken-y" and thankfully, I was able to eat it without issues during pregnancy :)
I believe the original poster used a different brand - I found mine as this Thin2Trim brand.
What you need:
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered and separated
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. Italian chicken sausage, cut into slices
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes, onions, peppers, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic with olive oil. Place onto the greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375* for 15 minutes. You may have to stir to make sure nothing is sticking or burning.
- Add the chicken sausage to the baking sheet - toss and bake for about 25 minutes. Again, toss to make sure nothing burns or sticks while it cooks.
Recipe from Skinny Taste
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram