This Cobb Salad is the perfect summer salad with the addition of sweet corn!
Hello and welcome to another Sunday Supper event! This one is SUMMER DINNER SALAD RECIPES. Corn is one of those things that has always screamed summer to me. I grew up in the middle of nowhere Minnesota surrounded by cornfields. It was a normal occurrence for me to walk to main street (a block away from my house) and buy sweet corn from the back of someone's truck.
This cobb salad comes from Chrissy Teigen's cookbook, Cravings. I adore it. I find it rare that a cookbook would have all the recipes that I would want to make and eat. I definitely find it disappointing when I get a cookbook that I am really excited about and then I only want to make three or four recipes in it. Cravings is a treasure trove of amazing food. Chrissy's Snapchat is one of my favorite things, purely for her food snaps.
In the cookbook, this Cobb Salad recipe comes with avocado and honey mustard ranch dressing as well. I believe I had mine with a citrus vinaigrette, so just top yours with whatever you want to top it with. Per Chrissy's suggestion, I made my bacon in the oven topped with garlic and it was amazing. If you're looking for a new cookbook, I highly recommend Cravings. Everything I have made from it so far has been so delicious! Plus her anecdotes throughout the cookbook are just absolutely hilarious.
What you need:
For the chicken and corn:
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained and patted dry
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 slices bacon, cooked (I roasted mine in the oven with minced garlic on top)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced in half or chopped
- Salad dressing of your choosing
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 Tbsp. oil, paprika, salt, cumin, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne.
- Rub on chicken and place chicken on a greased foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from baking sheet, rest for 5 minutes, and cut into strips.
- On the same baking sheet, arrange corn in a single layer and place under a broiler until slightly charred, about 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve chopped lettuce topped with chicken, corn, tomatoes, bacon, and eggs. Drizzle your choice of salad dressing on top.
Check out these other divine summer salads below!
Brilliant Beef Salads
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Choice Chicken Salads
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
Superb Seafood Salads
- Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Vibrant Veggie Salads
- Chopped Greek Salad by Soulfully Made
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram