Will your burrito bowl be loaded with the works or plain Jane? You decide!
I can't believe I am posting this steak burrito bowl recipe so late in the day. We've had some lovely issues with our internet and I guess I didn't realize how long our signal has been so poor because my computer is connected straight up to the modem, but the tech was able to fix it in 15 minutes and we are good to go now! Hopefully, there will be no more random outages for an hour at a time. Spotty internet stinks!
So back to these burrito bowls...what is awesome about these bowls (and those like it) is that they are customizable. Not everyone in my family will eat the same things. I like pretty much everything whereas Nick will not eat guacamole, sour cream, dressings, etc. So I can make mine loaded with everything and he can make his without -- and everyone is happy. This particular recipe has carne asada seasoned beef, pinto beans instead of black beans, and Spanish rice. Plus a chipotle ranch dressing. So so so good!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lb. steak, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Carne asada seasoning or marinade mix [I mixed olive oil, carne asada seasoning, and lime juice to make a marinade]
- 1 can (7 oz.) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 pkg. (6.8 oz.) Spanish rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained and warmed
- 1 cup corn (if you can find some with peppers, even better!), drained and warmed
- Avocado, sliced in wedges --or-- guacamole
- Mix together marinade with 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce from can and Montreal steak seasoning. Place in a gallon size plastic baggie with steak and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Then in a small container (I used a mason jar), mix ranch dressing, 1 chipotle pepper that has been finely diced, and 1 Tsp. adobo sauce. Refrigerate until ready to eat burrito bowl.
- Prepare the Spanish rice with the can of diced tomatoes per the package instructions.
- Drain marinade from steak and then cook to desired doneness.
- Place all the ingredients into bowls: steak, Spanish rice, lettuce, roma tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, pinto beans, corn, guacamole and lime wedges. Take dressing from the refrigerator.
- Let everyone fix their bowls and add whatever toppings they want. Serve with dressing drizzled on top and lime wedges on the side.
Another great burrito bowl that I adore is Ree's Burrito Bowls because they have squash, zucchini, black beans, and bell peppers in them. Plus chicken and steak. I am obsessed with the idea of these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Burrito Bowls from With Salt and Wit. I live for any main dishes that have pineapple in them!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram