I have no clue where this recipe came from (if you recognize it from anywhere, let me know!), but it's my go-to for buttercream frosting :]
What you need:
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tbsp. Cool Whip
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, mix butter and sugar together on low speed until well blended. Then increase the speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and Cool Whip; continue to beat for another minute at medium speed.
- *If needed, add more Cool Whip until it's a spreading consistency.