My husband got this dish a couple times at TGIFriday's and I always begged for a few bites. Luckily, he's good at sharing, so I did get to try it. It's such a good dish. I didn't cook mine with mashed potatoes, but I will definitely try that next time. I'm sure it would only make it exponentially more awesome :)
What you need:
- Chicken breasts (seasoned with garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 slices American cheese
- Mashed Potatoes (I didn't fix mine with potatoes but will next time)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Pound chicken to even thickness and season.
- Saute sliced onions and peppers in olive oil until softened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Saute chicken in olive oil until cooked all the way through and golden brown.
- Put mashed potatoes in a deep skillet, heated over medium, on one side and cheeses on other side. Place pepper and onion "medley" on top of potatoes and cheese. Then add chicken to the potatoes' side of the skillet. Top with parsley and serve sizzling!