Not every recipe turns out pretty-looking. It kind of drives me bonkers. I mean food is typically something that needs to be aesthetically pleasing. Most people won't eat something that doesn't look appetizing.
I think I'm not as picky because I grew up eating casseroles and hot dishes that weren't pretty dishes, but tasted amazing. This skillet recipe is a good recipe. It's not necessarily the most pretty, but it is delicious! With the potatoes and meat, it's very filling, but it has the classic flavors of a bacon cheeseburger with the condiments added right in!
What you need:
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 baking potatoes, diced, parboiled
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- A handful of pickles, diced
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 pkg. real bacon bits
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown turkey in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, potatoes, tomatoes, and water. Stir.
- In a small bowl, stir together pickles, mustard, and ketchup. Then add to skillet and stir together.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and add bacon and cheese. Cover and let sit until cheese melts.
Recipe from Debbi Does Dinner...Healthy & Low Calorie
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram