Over the holiday break in December, I made a number of easy recipes, many of them in the crockpot. It's just so much easier in the hustle and bustle of it all to put dinner into the crockpot and not dirty half your kitchen dishes.
This particular recipe makes a great deal of sandwich stuffing, so it could potentially feed a small crowd - which is also really convenient for the holidays. I placed some cheese down and some cheese on top because there is nothing wrong with a little extra cheese. :)
What you need:
- 29 oz. tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz. petite diced tomatoes
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts (not frozen)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sub rolls or other type of rolls (harder is better)
- In base of slow cooker, add tomato sauce, tomatoes, paste; stir.
- Then add onions and garlic; stir.
- Add parsley, oregano, bay leaves, and basil; stir.
- Set chicken on top of sauce mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken. I find it easiest to take it out first and shred it on a plate. Then put it back into the crockpot.
- Butter your rolls and toast them in a skillet.
- Serve chicken on rolls topped with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Recipe from Food Family Finds
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin