So excited for yet another reveal day for my group in Secret Recipe Club! This month I'm happy to welcome four new members to Group D: Becky, Sue, Lauren, and Mary Kay.
I was assigned Bean's blog, Without Adornment, this month. I am honestly blown away at how many women are in the science or engineering fields in Group D. It's just so inspiring and incredible! Bean has a degree in chemical engineering. I don't know what it was, but I was craving pumpkin when I went searching for my recipe for this month's reveal day. When I found this recipe for Pumpkin Struesel Muffins, I was immediately on board. I didn't need to look any further.
I ended up making the original version, but if you are on a gluten-free diet, Bean has a gluten-free version that you just have to try! Her blog is full of other allergen-friendly recipes too.
These muffins were the best muffins I've ever eaten in my life. They are moist and SO good. I couldn't stop eating them. :) And honestly, pumpkin is just right all year long in my opinion.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- For the struesel: Put sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the other ingredients to desired crumb size. Set aside.
- For the muffins: Combine melted butter, pumpkin, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Then add the sugars and mix well.
- Add pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide batter between 12 lined muffin cups and top with struesel.
- Bake at 400* for 16 to 19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of a muffin clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin