I love a good Asian meal with lots of veggies.
I especially love a good Asian meal with lots of veggies that I can throw into a crockpot!
And that's exactly what this is...
I served it up with quinoa because I'm super obsessed with it right now. It's a very filling and delicious meal that makes everyone happy :)
What you need:
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. stir fry beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. oil (I used vegetable)
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Broccoli florets
- Baby carrots
- Onion, sliced into thin strips
- Red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- Rice or quinoa, really any type of grain for serving
- Season beef with salt and pepper and place into the crockpot.
- In a bowl, mix together broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, hot sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Pour over beef and mix gently.
- Add carrots and onion.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Take out 2 to 3 Tbsp. of sauce in crockpot and let cool. Mix with 2 Tbsp. cornstarch. Set aside.
- Add broccoli and peppers to crockpot with cornstarch mixture. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, if desired.
Recipe from Menu Musings
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram