I'm a sucker for a salad. I have been known to make myself a salad at 9 o'clock at night, just because. I love crunchy crunchy salads in particular. I think it's just a texture thing - crunchy veggies - yummy!
This particular salad recipe was heavily adapted to fit what we could find in our not-so-great produce section and what the family typically likes to eat in the salad. I was the only one who ate my salad with dressing and I'm not big on ranch or blue cheese dressing, so I adapted it with creamy Caesar (my current fave!). No cheese or anything to cut on the spiciness anymore than what is already in the salad - spicy is fine by me!
What you need:
- Chicken tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. buffalo sauce
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup regular seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Lettuce - romaine, butter, etc. (a mix would work well too)
- A couple handfuls of snap peas
- 1 carrot, shredded
- A few baby bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- Caesar salad dressing
- Buffalo sauce
- Season the tenderloins with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk egg whites and buffalo sauce together.
- In a second bowl, mix together panko, bread crumbs, onion powder, and flour.
- Dip each chicken into egg mixture and then bread crumb mixture. Press to help the crumbs stick to the tenderloings.
- Place onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 425* for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside.
- While tenderloins are cooking, make the dressing by whisking together caesar dressing with buffalo sauce where 2/3 is dressing and 1/3 is buffalo sauce - or whatever ration you can handle. I like mine a little spicier, but I also did not use gorgonzola cheese or blue cheese crumbles to cut down on spiciness in the salad, so keep in mind what you can handle!
- For assembly, toss together lettuce or mix of greens, peas, baby bells, and carrots. Portion onto bowls or plates for each person. Slice chicken and place on top of salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram