We paired these tasty little gems with yesterday's burger recipe - they are pretty quick to make and thankfully they use a wet batter, so there is no egg wash, flour dip, bread crumb dip, etc. It's very simple. Toss the broccoli in the batter and then fry them up!
What you need:
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup beer [I used a Coors Light because it was in the fridge and no one wanted to drink it!]
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, garlic, onion powder, pepper, cheese, and beer until smooth.
- Add broccoli and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep skillet.
- Fry broccoli in batches until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel.
Recipe from Betty Crocker
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram