I am a sucker for a good tuna salad sandwich. I know it's not everyone's thing and that's okay, but man alive do I freaking love them! I've only really ever made them the traditional way with pickles and bare minimum everything. It was the same with chicken salad too and then I tried a different way with more seasonings and LOVED it. So I absolutely had to try tuna salad with a Southwest twist. This recipe came from one of my Secret Recipe Club hostesses, Debbi, and I'm so glad I found it and saved it. Next time, they will be served on bagels, which I have found is the best way to eat chicken salad and I'm sure that's true for tuna salad too. It is a nice crunch with the softness of the "salad" :)
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cans (6 oz each) tuna, drained
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chillies, draned
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together "salad" ingredients. Add dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate one hour to let flavors meld together.
- Serve on a bun or bagel with cheese. We love doing bagels, but didn't have any on hand when I made them.
Recipe from Debbi Does Dinner...Healthy
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram