Can we just talk about how it's February already?! I tell you what - I'm ready to be able to enjoy chicken again! Pregnancy has not been kind to chicken this go-around and I torture myself with drooling over recipes like these and expecting it to taste like it should, but then have pregnancy hormones make it taste like microwaved leftover chicken :(
Until this baby is out and my hormones are back to normal, I will just dream about this chicken. The marinade is one of the best ever - it's got pesto, so it's gonna be amazing! I love the tomato cream sauce. It's very flavorful and goes with the chicken perfectly. It's not really a time-consuming meal to make either, so that's a plus. I believe when I made it, I cooked my chicken in my stainless steel pan and then did the sauce in the same pan, so it got flecks of the chickeny goodness in it.
What you need:
- Lawry's Herb & Garlic marinade
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1/2 lb. penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. basil
- Marinate chicken in Lawry's mixed with pesto for 1 to 2 hours. Heat grill or cast iron and cook all the way through. I salt and peppered my chicken too.
- Cook noodles according to box directions.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and chicken broth. Reduce by half.
- Stir in tomato sauce once reduced and then add half & half and flour. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low.
- Add basil and mix well. Add to drained pasta, stirring to coat.
- Serve pasta topped with sliced chicken.
Recipe from Plain Chicken
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram