I subbed soy sauce, cornstarch, and olive oil out for the coconut aminos, tapioca flour, and safflower oil. I just now realized that this may negate the whole "paleo" thing. I don't know though because I'm not huge on different diet things. I just eat a variety of food and try to make as little from prepackaged boxes as possible. So below is how I made it with how to make it truly paleo written in there too.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce [sub for coconut aminos]
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. cornstarch [sub for tapioca flour]
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO [sub for safflower oil]
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- Ground ginger
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large head broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
- 3 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 lb chicken, cut into strips
- Brown rice, cooked
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat and add garlic. Heat for 30 seconds, then add ginger to your desired liking. Heat 30 more seconds.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and add chicken into the same pan. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add broccoli and carrots with the garlic and onion mixture. Then add sauce mixture and stir to coat.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Serve over rice.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram