It's time for another round of #SundaySupper yumminess! Because today is Mother's Day and we all love the moms in our lives, we are sharing recipes for Mother's Day. I chose dessert because that is something my mom enjoys making. My mom always volunteered to make mints (the cream cheese kind) for wedding showers, baby showers, and graduation open houses when I was little. She volunteered to make desserts for church. She made cookies, bars, and cakes. She actually went to school for cake decorating and does that for a hobby nowadays for her church's "meals on wheels" type program.
I chose to do a smaller portion dessert because even though my mom loves sweets - she doesn't like big portions of them. She also loves fruit and cheesecake! So this combination is just perfect for her and many other moms too :) When I made these, I split them up into five portions - two for the kids and three for the adults. When I make it again (yes, again!), I will definitely double the amount and make it in 4 jam mason jars for four full desserts. It's really fast to throw together and turns out very tasty and sits light in your stomach. So it's really perfect for a big get-together pot roast type Sunday dinner - like we're having tonight at my mom-in-law's. It was the perfect amount of dessert and incredibly creamy and fluffy. It tasted like an amazing cheesecake, but in a more pudding type version. Definitely cannot be missed - you have to try this for the moms in your life!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Berries [if frozen, thaw prior to making]
- Whipped cream
- Mix together Nutella, yogurt, and cream cheese - I used my hand mixer for this - until smooth.
- Mix together butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into the bottom of shot glasses, small mason jars, etc. I split ours 5 way and only layered it once. Next time I will probably double the batch and make it in 4 small jam mason jars.
- Pipe or spoon a little Nutella mixture into each glass. Add a layer of fruit and then top with more Nutella mixture.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and fruit for serving!
Recipe from Sweet Treats & More
Stop by and check out more Mother's Day recipes from the #SundaySupper movement!
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma's Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma's Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline's Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram