I like to mix it up a bit with pancakes every once in a while and thought the idea of zucchini pancakes sounded very good. They are sweetened with honey, which is perfectly fine and all, but I definitely missed the cinnamon that usually pairs with zucchini in dishes like zucchini bread. So when I make these again, cinnamon will definitely go in them. I really liked the griddle-taste that they took on :) Reminds me of the pancakes my mom and I would get at our local diner when I was little.
What you need:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. flaxmeal
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks. Then add to dry ingredients along with buttermilk. Stir until combined.
- Add honey, melted butter, zucchini, and flaxmeal and stir to combine.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy and fold them into the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook batter on a griddle or in a skillet. Flip once bubbles formed on the top. Cook until browned on the same side too.
Recipe from Pinch of Yum
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram