Buttery, garlicky, cheesy homemade breadsticks are the perfect side for those pasta dinners.
I promised to share this recipe today that goes with the pasta recipe I shared yesterday. Really, of course, you can pair it with any dish you would like, but it was great with the Creamy Chicken Pasta. It's a quick bread recipe with only one rise of 30 minutes and is buttery and garlicky and delicious. I know that's not a great descriptive word, but I honestly just can't think of any other way to say it. This recipe is delicious. It's easy, it's homemade, it's buttery, it's garlicky, it's DELICIOUS!!
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Garlic salt
- Dried parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir yeast and water together and let sit until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic salt, and dried parsley. Pour onto a cookie sheet.
- Divide your dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a long strip.
- Roll the strips into the butter and twist.
- Place each twisted strip of dough on the cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
Recipe from Chef In Training
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram