This Sonic copycat is such a fun drink to make for kids during the summer!
I have not yet had an actual Ocean Water at Sonic, but I think it may be something on our summer bucket list, especially after making this recipe! The coconut is the perfect touch for a refreshing summer drink. The blogger who I got the recipe for dropped adorable Swedish fish into her drink, but I had a bit of trouble with that. Instead, I placed them on the lip of the mason jar. I still think they look mighty cute. My kids really loved them. They don't get to drink soda very often and I think the blue color appealed to them.
What you need:
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. imitation coconut extract
- 3 drops blue food coloring
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) lemon-lime soda
- Combine water and sugar in a small microwavable bowl. Heat for 1 minute in the microwave and the stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sugar mixture into a pitcher and add coconut extract, food coloring, and soda. Stir and enjoy over ice!
Recipe from Fake Ginger
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram