Y'all just have to try this one pot 30-minute meal for your next Taco Tuesday!
I love how easy this recipe is to make. It reminds me a lot of a tried-and-true recipe, Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken. However, it is made in 30 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I love the slow cooker chicken version, but this is just as fabulous with all the ingredients (including the rice) in one skillet...plus I love that it has ground turkey.
It's summertime now, but that doesn't mean I don't love 30 minute, one pot meals. We've been spending a lot of time outdoors and often come inside too close to dinner to have it on the table at 6 like I prefer it to be. It's nice to not have to worry about slaving over the hot stove in the kitchen after being outside where it was hot. Not to mention when we do start venturing out and doing activities around town this summer, I want to be able to put as little effort into dinner as possible, but still have something homemade that is yummy and fills our tummies! There is room for variation for toppings and each person can fix it to their liking. Myself, personally, I will load mine up. I love all the toppings! In the pictures, I only have cheese and sour cream because I believe that I forgot a bunch of toppings at the store. But you can even do sliced jalapenos or guacamole on top. The sky is the limit :)
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 jar (16 oz.) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mexican corn (the kind with bell peppers)
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Shredded cheese
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble turkey over medium heat.
- Add seasoning mix, water, salsa, and corn. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is done.
- Serve topped with cheese, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Recipe from Yummy Healthy Easy
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram