Grab a glass of milk - you're gonna need it with these decadent brownies!
These babies...let me just tell you about these babies...they are brownies - which by themselves are good, but these brownies are different. They are topped with a peanut butter "filling" and then a chocolate ganache. I definitely recommend having a big glass of milk nearby because you will definitely definitely need it. They are the perfect comfort food if you ask me - and I could have totally used one after the stressful week leading up to my sister-in-law's wedding. I don't know how wedding planners do it, but jeez Louise!! ;)
What you need:
For the brownies:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add eggs, beating after each one before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt together.
- Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x13" pan and even out with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 30 to 35 minutes. The brownies will pull away from the edge of the pan. Cool on a wire rack
- When brownies are cool, mix together peanut butter and honey and spread the mixture over the top of the brownies.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until it's very smooth.
- Pour ganache over the brownies and spread gently.
- Cool in refrigerator until ganache sets. Slice and serve!
Recipe from Milo and Oats, formerly Becky Bakes
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram