A hearty, flavorful meal that you cook in one pot and serve up with as many or as few toppings as you want!
I know this seems awfully close to the Taco Turkey Skillet I posted not too long ago, I promise that they are not identical. This one has a few more ingredients in it (black beans and green chillies - yum!) and does not use instant rice. The methods are just slightly different and this is also not a turkey dish, but ground beef instead. Via the blog I retrieved the recipe from, it can be served over a bed of lettuce with tortilla chips - which was a great way to eat it. It's also completely open-ended for toppings. Add as many or as few as you desire. This is a great one dish meal for busy nights - just like the other recipe. I definitely suggest trying both! :)
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chillies
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Avocado or guacamole
- Green onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Tortilla chips or strips
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown ground beef, crumbling as you go. After a few minutes, add onion and red pepper. Finish cooking the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green chillies, rice, taco seasoning, and chili powder.
- Pour chicken broth in and bring to a boil. Cover the skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is done.
- Stir in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with desired toppings. You can serve it on a bed of lettuce or tortilla chips --or-- serve those as toppings. It's up to you!
Recipe from I Heart Naptime
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram