This large batch of coffee brews at room temperature overnight and is ready for morning after morning of incredibly delicious iced coffee!
I had been cooking my way through some cookbooks and found some new things to try of Ree's out of one of the 4 cookbooks of hers that I own. I love me some PDub and her recipes have never failed me. During the summer, I loved iced coffee and I've always wanted to make my own at home. I knew I could trust Ree's recipe and if you haven't guessed - I wasn't let down at all since I'm posting it! You could really make many variations with flavored ground coffee and you, as always, can put a variation of different creamers in it to make a different flavor coffee. It's really nice to have on hand and it's a quick way to get your cup of joe in the hot summer mornings. You literally just pour it over ice and add flavor if you want it and then DRINK! :)
What you need:
- 1 lb. strong, robust ground coffee
- 8 quarts cold water
- You will need a very large container - enough to hold at least 9 to 10 quarts. Mix ground coffee and water together. Cover container. Let rest at room temperature for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour coffee through a cheesecloth into another large container or pitcher. You will probably have a little bit of grounds that make it through - that is okay.
- Place coffee into fridge and chill.
- Serve over ice with half-and-half and sugar, with condensed milk, or how I had mine with flavored creamer :)
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram