This burger requires a cardiology appointment, but it is so worth it!
This is the Sunday Supper Movement event I have been waiting for: RECIPES WITH BACON. It is hosted by Erica of The Crumby Cupcake and it is all about bacon today. What I think I am most excited about is the recipes from my fellow Sunday Supperers. There are appetizers, breakfasts, desserts, main dishes, and side dishes...ALL WITH BACON! If that doesn't make me happy, I don't know what would!
I am sharing the second part of a recipe that I had shared for last year's Handcrafted Edibles series. I posted Tomato Bacon Jam for the Jam and Jelly day and it was by far one of the most exciting and interesting things I've ever made. It can be eaten on crackers or on a grilled cheese sandwich, but it also goes perfectly on a burger making it earn its name: Triple Bypass Burger. You will definitely earn a trip to the cardiologist with this one (thank goodness I have an appointment in September haha), but it is a good burger to indulge in every once in a while. Not only do you serve this burger topped with the tomato bacon jam, but there are bacon bits in the burger and bacon strips on the burger. Triple the bacon! :)
What you need:
- 1 recipe prepared Tomato Bacon Jam
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 thick cut bacon strips, cooked and broken in half
- Additional burger toppings, if desired
- Mix together beef, salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, bacon bits, and garlic powder. Form into four patties.
- Cook on the grill or in a skillet (I used my cast iron skillet) flipping once until cooked through.
- Assemble the burger by topping the bun with: the patty, a slice of cheese, a piece of bacon (two halves) and any additional toppings you would like. Spread tomato bacon jam on top bun and place on top of rest of burger.
- As Rebekah (the lovely recipe creator) said, schedule an appointment with your cardiologist!
Recipe from Making Miracles
Find the perfect bacon recipe for you below from my fellow SSM members!
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram