These A.B.T.s are fantastically easy to make and stuffed to the brim with deliciousness.
Today's Sunday Supper Movement Event is hosted by Coleen of The Redhead Baker (thank you, Coleen!) and the theme is... Easy Football Food Ideas for Game Day!
I'm not going to lie. I was totally drawn to this recipe because of its name. Some recipes I see the picture and go "oooh that looks good" and then other times I look at the recipe titles and think that sound delicious or I'm totally intrigued and want to see what the recipe is about. When I read atomic buffalo turds, I was like what exactly is that? Simply put: a jalapeno popper.
And I am all about some jalapeno poppers and I knew that a sausage stuffed jalapeno popper would be a huge hit. Now I know this is a football food event, but we don't have cable or a sports channel package and don't really watch games anyways (although I do keep up with my team - the Vikings - on their social media). So I had actually made these for NYE last year and I am gonna be honest here...I almost ate half of them by myself. I was already in the kitchen fixing other things and starving because there was so much good food all around me, so I kept grabbing one here and there. It was bad. I almost didn't leave any for anyone else!
I was bummed at the spiciness of the peppers though. Sometimes our grocery store will have super spicy ones and other times they are really mild. I was hoping for some really spicy jalapenos, but ended up with some mild ones. They were still really fantastic and obviously if I ate half of them I didn't mind, but I am definitely holding out for a great batch of jalapenos and a perfect event to do these again!
What you need:
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1 pkg. smokies sausages
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 shallots, minced
- Slice each jalapeno in half lengthwise. Remove as much of the seeds and membrane as desired.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar jack, chili powder, and minced shallots. Divide the mixture between the halved jalapenos.
- Top each with a sausage or two (depending on how big the pepper is).
- Slice bacon in half and wrap around each jalapeno. If you need to, use a toothpick to secure the bacon around the jalapenos.
- Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes until bacon is browned.
Recipe from The Black Peppercorn
Be sure to check out these other amazing game day food recipes!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books 'n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline's Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica's Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket's Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram