Who knew that an ingredient many have on hand could make pancakes as delicious as these?
These pancakes have a special ingredient that add the lovely hazelnut flavor: coffee creamer! The coffee creamer of choice is hazelnut which is one of our personal favorites. There is definitely room to experiment with all flavors of coffee creamer, syrups, and toppings. But today is about the simple hazelnut pancakes and they are wonderful. They really remind me of diner pancakes - they aren't these huge puffy fluffy pancakes, but they are still incredibly delicious!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup International Delight hazelnut coffee creamer (or your brand of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Whisk together milk, creamer, eggs, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and whisk.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until just combined.
- Preheat a griddle and spoon 1/3 cup batter for each pancake. Flip once bubbles form and pancake is golden brown and let cook until golden brown on the remaining side.
Recipe from Mostly Food and Crafts
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram