Forget pumpkin, these apple cider donut muffins are where it's at!
Please forgive me, Pumpkin. I didn't mean it! But seriously, I think apple can get a little overshadowed and that makes me feel bad. I definitely go pumpkin crazy as soon as September 1st hits, but I had to share this little recipe because it makes me reminisce autumn in upstate New York. Cider donuts are definitely a must up there and I haven't found any like it anywhere else I've lived. These definitely helped me cope with that missing part of autumn.
They are super simple to make. I was unable to make them with the apple cake mix, so I subbed in spice cake mix. The apple cider adds so much flavor and moisture to these muffins, plus they are so light and fluffy with the cake mix as a base. The sugar cinnamon is just icing on the cake -- or in this case, topping on the muffin! :)
What you need:
- 1 box spice cake mix or apple cake mix (I couldn't find the latter), plus ingredients as called for on the box
- Apple cider
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Get the ingredients ready for your cake mix except replace the amount of water needed with apple cider.
- Prepare according to box directions and pour the batter into cupcake liners that have been placed in a muffin tin.
- Bake according to package directions. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, melt butter. Place cinnamon sugar into a shallow dish.
- Dip the top of each cupcakes into butter and then roll into cinnamon sugar to coat.
Recipe from The Melrose Family
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram