Slow simmered soup that is perfect for a cool autumn night - and is so simple to prepare!
I don't really make a lot of soup in the crockpot, but after making this recipe, I am hoping to do it a bit more. It's so easy to prep the ingredients and then throw them in the crockpot to cook for a few hours. I do agree with Deborah of Taste & Tell that these veggies get mushy if you cook them for too long, so definitely cook until your desired doneness! I love soups with lots of veggies and loved the salty kielbasa in this one. I think it may have been my first soup using kielbasa as the protein :)
What you need:
- 12 oz. turkey sausage or kielbasa, sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 to 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 3+ cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15.5 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and stir to combine. Add more chicken broth, if needed.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Recipe from Taste and Tell
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram