Two staples in Nick's diet that I don't think will ever disappear are bacon and beer. Now he's a little snooty when it comes to beer and prefers homebrews or craft beers. He loves Leinenkegels and Sam Adams in particular. Honestly, I prefer Leinenkugel's over Sam Adams - because they have the Summer Shandy (lemony beer) and the Honey Weiss. The latter is what I chose to use in this man-friendly recipe for candied bacon. It was the perfect beer (in my opinion) for the recipe and it went really well with Hormel's newer thick-cut bacon. I used the cherrywood, although next time, I think I want to go with the pecanwood :)
What you need:
- 1 lb. thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. beer
- Combine sugar and beer in a small bowl.
- Add foil to a rimmed baking sheet. Place a wire rack on top of it. Line bacon up on top of the wire rack.
- Bake at 400* for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and brush with beer-sugar mixture. Flip and then brush other side too.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and repeat brushing, flipping, and brushing.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes. Continue this process a few more times until bacon is crispy and your glaze is gone.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
Recipe from Tide & Thyme
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram