I almost tried this appetizer out for New Year's Eve, but decided not to when Nick came home early from deployment. He would never touch this appetizer in a million years. So I made it when we had friends over since it's my favorite thing to do to make a cheesy food that we can all dig into. I think that when I did it, we used tortilla chips, but I think something more substantial like slices of French bread would be much better.
What you need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded parmigiano reggiano, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Sliced pepperoni
- 2 Tbsp. green peppers, diced [I unfortunately had one go bad and used red instead]
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano.
- Spread cheese mixture into a pie plate and smooth out.
- Spread pizza sauce on top and then top with remaining cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, and olives.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
- Serve with chips, crackers, sliced french bread, vegetables, etc.
Recipe from Closet Cooking
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram