We've been testing out some new popcorn recipes for our occasional Friday night movie nights. We sometimes forget or do other things [like play Spongebob Uno]. I often will just put salt and cinnamon on our air-popped popcorn. Sometimes I do butter, but I am lazy and we don't have a microwave, so I skip that step a lot.
This popcorn is amazing, but it is also super rich, so don't eat too much of it ;)
What you need:
- 8 cups popcorn [we air-popped some kernels]
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup Reese's pieces [my addition]
- Salt popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey and sugar to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Once peanut butter is mixed in and melted, add vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour over popcorn and stir gently until evenly coated. Then spread onto a large baking sheet (we used wax paper to prevent sticking).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and let sit until chocolate hardens. Then stir in peanut butter cups and Reese's pieces.
Recipe from Two Peas in Their Pod
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram