During the summer of 2014 [prior to my birthday gift of an ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid], I started making frozen treat recipes. This is easily my favorite and even after getting my ice cream maker attachment and making a few recipes with it, this froyo remains my favorite.
You make the cookie dough - great start, right?! Can't go wrong with cookie dough! It is eggless, so it's totally safe to eat "raw". Then you mix it with the yogurt and freeze. It's incredible. I really want to try other froyo recipes too, so if any of you readers have a favorite, please send me a link!!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients gently.
- Add yogurt and stir.
- Place in a freezer-safe container. Freeze overnight or until set.
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod as seen on Tasty Kitchen
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram