I have made a couple different kinds of s'mores cookies, but these ones are my favorite. 1) I'm convinced mini anything tastes better than its larger size: Oreos, Chips Ahoy cookies, Teddy Grahams...you name it, it's better when it's mini! 2) Mallow bits are my jam and these cookies use them.
I love that you add additional chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows on top (although I was lazy and didn't do the graham crackers and marshmallows), so you just amp up the s'moresness. I also just had to show off my cute little Oxo spatula. I believe I won this in the 2013 Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap grand prize that I received from Oxo. It's just so cute and I love it. They have a campaign called Cookies for Kid's Cancer that is incredible :) See what it's all about here.
What you need:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Mallow Bits (I find these near the hot cocoa section at my store)
- 2 Hershey's milk chocolate bars
- Additional graham crackers and mallow bits for topping (if desired)
- Using a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugars for about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and continue mixing just until combined.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined again.
- Stir in mallow bits and chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, roll a ball of cookie dough and put it on a prepared baking sheet (I use my Silpat - parchment paper works well too). Top with half a piece of milk chocolate. Top with additional mallow bits and broken pieces of graham crackers (if desired). Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies about an inch apart.
- Bake at 350* for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes on pan before removing to a wire rack.
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram