Quinoa is everything. It is one of my go-to favorite foods now. We had it for dinner tonight (in a recipe I'm very excited to share), in fact. This recipe utilizes one of my other favorite foods, too: pesto! I doubled the pesto from the original recipe and took out the sundried tomatoes. I'm not the biggest fan of them. In addition to quinoa and pesto, this recipe also has zucchini...which I could eat all day long! So basically this recipe was a win all around for me, even though it may not look that impressive :)
What you need:
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill or cook in a skillet until done. Then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Then add pepper and zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add quinoa, pesto, and chicken to veggies. Toss to coat and heat through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan.
Recipe slightly adapted from Culinary Mamas
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram