This Olive Garden copycat is light and perfect for a busy weeknight!
This is an Olive Garden copycat - although I have never had the real thing, it was a great recipe. The seasonings are simple but quite delicious. I adore pasta and love even more to have broccoli (or any veggie really) with it. Although it uses heavy cream, it is not a heavy-sitting dish. So if you are looking for a great fast meal - this one is it! Honestly, now that I'm not pregnant anymore, I need to add this to the weekly menu asap. Chicken was inedible for me during pregnancy and thankfully, that aversion went away postpartum!
What you need:
- Chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. EVOO
- Pasta of choice (I used penne)
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 pint heavy cream, divided
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes on chicken (cut to your desired thinness). Sprinkle with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain and toss with butter or a little olive oil.
- Mix together cornstarch with a few tablespoons of heavy cream and add to the same skillet that you cooked the chicken in. Give it a stir and then add the remaining heavy cream.
- Add chicken bouillon, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Cook until thickened.
- Add broccoli and pasta and cook for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice your chicken into strips.
- Serve the pasta topped with chicken and Parmesan.
Recipe from Rumbly Tumbly
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram