I absolutely love subs - and these have not only chicken, but bacon and pepperoni too. Plus the chicken is basted with Caesar salad dressing, which is one of my faves. The original recipe made two and there were some extra steps in there. I made these one night when we had friends over, so the recipe is open-ended. Get how many ingredients you need to feed how many people you have over :)
What you need:
- Prepared marinara/spaghetti sauce
- Bacon bits
- Chicken breasts
- Caesar salad dressing
- Hoagie or sub rolls
- Banana peppers (if desired)
- Provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat marinara while you cook your chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, in olive oil. Baste with salad dressing until chicken is cooked through. Once cooled, slice into strips.
- Split rolls open on a foil-lined pan. Spread marinara on bottom roll. Top with pepperoni, peppers, cheese, bacon bits, and chicken.
- Bake at 350* for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Or put under the broiler until cheese melts.
Recipe adapted from Bev Cooks
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram