I couldn't help it, guys. When Glade® had their Limited Edition Fall Collection, I bought jar candles, wax melts, and PlugIns® Scented Oils and because they smelled so good, I made a recipe to go with my newly acquired scents. And this is how I ended up with more jar candles, wax melts, PlugIns® Scented Oils, and premium room sprays. All it took was a trip to Kroger, which I do weekly if not more, and a game of "I Spy New Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection fragrances" and now I have a bunch of holiday scents at the house! The Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection has nine scents in total and these are my favorites: BE AT PEACE™ Balsam Fir & Juniper, CHERISH THE PRESENT™ Apple Cinnamon, SEND A LITTLE LOVE™ Vanilla Biscotti™, and SHARE THE SPIRIT™ Pomegranate Sparkler™.
I think the holiday scents are some of my very favorite scents because they remind me of previous holidays and all the great memories that come with the season. CHERISH THE PRESENT™ brings me back to my childhood. My mom loves apple cinnamon anything and she used to have apple cinnamon-scented candles and premium room spray at the holidays - especially Christmas. BE AT PEACE™ is a lovely scent to have because we never get a real tree for our Christmas tree - this scent is subtle and we love it. We get our "real tree" smell, even though we have our artificial tree. The SHARE THE SPIRIT™ scent is wonderful too, but I immediately think of New Year's for it, so we're saving that one until past Christmas.
My favorite of all the scents is the Glade® SEND A LITTLE LOVE™ Vanilla Biscotti™ scent. Even though we don't eat biscotti, the jar candle reminds me so much of my favorite cinnamon bun frosting. The vanilla scent makes my mouth water for some of these cinnamon buns. Each year our family tradition is to have homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. I don't know why we started doing it, but it is our thing now.
These cinnamon rolls are HUGE, so they fill us up for all the unwrapping of presents we have to do - and tides us over until our 3pm Christmas dinner at Nick's momma's house. I like to prep yeasted cinnamon rolls on Christmas eve so I don't have to wake up too early on Christmas day. Like most yeasted cinnamon rolls, you prepare the dough and let it rise, roll it out into a rectangle or square shape, add filling, roll up and slice, and let rise for a little longer before baking. The best part of these is by far the vanilla frosting. The Glade® SEND A LITTLE LOVE™ Vanilla Biscotti™ Jar Candle smells almost identical to the frosting on these Ultimate Cinnamon Buns, and it makes me the happiest person alive!!
What is your all's family tradition for Christmas morning? Are there any scents/smells that make you think of the holidays?
What you need:
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup whole milk, heated to around 110*
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces (a Tbsp. each), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200* - once it reaches 200*, turn your oven off.
- Whisk yeast into warmed milk and let yeast dissolve. Whisk in eggs.
- In a stand mixer, stir together flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt with a dough hook attachment.
- Then add milk mixture to the flour mixture on low. Once dough has come together increase the speed to medium.
- Add one piece of butter at a time until all butter has been added. Mix until dough is smooth and comes off the sides of the bowl. This takes around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from mixer bowl and knead gently to form a round ball. Place into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in warm oven. Let sit until the dough has doubled in size - about 2 hours.
- Prepare filling by mixing together brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into a 18-inch square on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread softened butter over the top and then sprinkle with filling, leaving about 1/2-inch of dough without filling around the edges.
- Roll dough tightly and pinch the seam to seal it. Cut in half, so that you have two pieces. Cut each piece into half, so you will have four total. Lastly, cut each of the four pieces in half, ending up with 8 rolls total.
- Place the 8 rolls into a foil-lined, greased 9x13-inch pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated-350* oven for 35 to 40 minutes (be sure to remove the plastic wrap first!).
- Meanwhile, prepare your icing by whisking the icing ingredients until smooth.
- Remove rolls from oven and place pan on a wire rack. Coat the warm buns with about 1/2 cup of the icing. Then let cool for about 30 minutes. Top with your remaining icing and dive in!
Recipe from Pass the Sushi
If you are interested in these new Glade® Limited Edition Winter Collection Scents, you can find them at your local Kroger in your candle aisle. The collection has jar candles, PlugIns® Scented Oils, wax melts and premium room sprays. Visit the Glade® website for more information.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram