5 ingredients to make these cake-y, fluffy, decadent waffles - perfect for those with a sweet tooth!
Last year, I became kind of obsessed with how easily waffles could be made with a box of cake mix. I'm not one to turn down sweets for breakfast. And there are so many possibilities for making waffles out of cake mix that I just had to make some. I've made French Vanilla/Cinnamon Roll, Funfetti/Cotton Candy, and Carrot Cake/Caramel. This go-around I decided to make chocolate fudge with cookies & cream frosting and s'mores waffles. They both turned out incredibly well and I will be sharing the s'mores soon (hopefully).
All you have to do is prepare your cake mix as per the directions and then cook it in your waffle iron. Serve them up with the creamy, rich frosting and Oreo crumbles and you have a sweet breakfast to indulge in. I don't make these often because...let's be honest...it's basically cake, but it's nice every once in a blue moon to make dessert for breakfast and pretend that it's breakfast. LOL.
What you need:
- 1 box Duncan Hines chocolate fudge cake mix (plus ingredients called for on box)
- 1 container Betty Crocker Hershey's Cookies & Creme frosting (if you can't find it, I suggest vanilla or cream cheese frosting and crushed Oreos)
- Mix together cake mix with ingredients as called for on the box.
- Cook in preheated waffle iron according to waffle iron's directions.
- Top with frosting and cookie bits.
Original Fantastical Recipe
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram
stop by my amazon store to see my kitchen must-haves