This week, we're sharing recipes for delicious jams and jellies.
So happy to back with these gals for another week of #HandcraftedEdibles - I've posted my SPICE BLEND and my SPECIAL DIET. Today is the JAM AND JELLY. And it is perfect timing, as I just made a fabulous atypical jam that goes with savory dishes. And from my title, y'all know that's Tomato Bacon Jam. Yes, bacon. I have your attention, right?
I found this recipe on one of my Group D bloggers' reveal day posts and pinned it faster than I could have ever thought possible to pin something. This jam goes with a burger called the Triple Bypass, which I will post at some point in the future (if not, visit Rebekah's blog, linked at the end of the recipe). Rebekah also used it on grilled cheese and also on crackers. I forgot all about that until today, but I will make it again, just for that.
We have a lot of bacon enthusiasts in the family. I once bought a can of bacon (off of ThinkGeek, I believe) as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law. So this jam ranks high on the list of possibilities because homemade gifts are wonderful during the holiday season. And bacon is wonderful all the time.
What you need:
- 8 oz. bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of bacon grease in the skillet.
- Saute onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rough chop the bacon. Once onions are cooked, add bacon back to the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes or until thickened.
- Let cool in pan and then move to a jar for storage.
- This is perfect for burgers, grilled cheese, or even eating on crackers.
Recipe from Making Miracles
Thanks to these inspiring gals for these jam and jelly treats:
- Amy at Amy's Cooking Adventures shared Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Jam
- Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes made Tomato Bacon Jam
- Nichole, the Cookaholic Wife, posted her Honey Lemon Apple Jam
- Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook cooked up Concord Grape Jelly
- Terri of Christmas Tree Lane created Blueberry Lavender Butter
- Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm made Jalapeno Jelly
- Camilla, Culinary Adventures with Camilla, shared a spicy jar of Apple Jalapeño Jam
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram