Switch up your Taco Tuesday with this flavor-packed quinoa casserole!
I am always impressed with how quinoa soaks up the flavors of whatever it's cooked into and this casserole is certainly no different. It's got all the fixings of a burrito bowl which has been my thing lately. I love too how it's such a filling meal. I've made a few recipes close to this one, but I believe they were slow cooker. This one takes a little over 30 minutes to make and it's so good!
What you need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (10 oz.) mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) diced green chillies, drained
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, plus some
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus some
- 1 to 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Guacamole, sour cream, etc. for serving
- Cook quinoa in 2 cups water according to package directions and then set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef and crumble as it cooks.
- In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, ground beef, enchilada sauce, green chillies, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, and chili powder.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Then stir in cheeses.
- Spread mixture into a lightly greased 8x8-inch square pan or a 2-quart baking dish. Top with more Monterey Jack and cheddar - enough to cover.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for about 15 minutes or until bubbly and the cheeses have melted.
- Serve garnished with diced tomato, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
Recipe from Damn Delicious
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram