This citrus chicken and asparagus is perfect for spring -- and it's made in one pan!
I am back again for another Sunday Supper event and today's event is CITRUS RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU SMILE hosted by Lisa of Jersey Girl Eats. I chose to share this lovely one pan recipe because not only does it fit the "citrus" bill, but it's also got the yummy springtime veggie, asparagus. Since spring has sprung, I had to share a spring recipe!
This lovely one pan dish has crispy, crunchy lemon garlic chicken and roasted asparagus with lemon garlic seasoning. All of it has Parmesan cheese in it. And then it's topped with a honey lemon "sauce", so-to-speak. It's so bright and lovely and I can't help but just love this recipe.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced into tender size pieces) or chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Fresh parsley for topping
- 1 additional lemon for topping
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 lemons
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Add flour to a bowl.
- Stir together panko, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper in another bowl.
- In a third bowl, melt 5 Tbsp. of butter and then add 1 to 2 tsp. lemon zest, 4 Tbsp. lemon juice (or more if you want more lemon flavor), and minced garlic. Stir to combine. Remove 4 Tbsp. of mixture and set aside.
- Coat chicken in flour, then dredge through garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in panko.
- Place breaded chicken onto baking pan. Repeat. Take any leftover panko mix and sprinkle over the top of the chicken on the pan.
- Season chicken with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each piece.
- Arrange asparagus around the sides of the pan and drizzle with the reserved 4 Tbsp. of garlic lemon mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan and toss the asparagus gently.
- Slice a lemon or two and place slices on top of chicken.
- Bake in oven for another 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken finishes baking, make the honey lemon topping by mixing together butter, 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1-2 tsp. lemon zest, olive oil, honey. Season with pepper.
- Serve chicken topped with honey lemon mixture and fresh parsley.
- Note: if you drizzle with the honey lemon mixture and let it sit, the chicken will get soggy. So it is best to drizzle and then serve immediately. I stored my honey lemon topping separately from the chicken leftovers.
Check out more citrus recipes from my fellow Sunday Supper pals below!Breakfasts
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline's Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket's Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram